"Work is not always required...there is such a thing as sacred idleness, the cultivation of which is now fearfully neglected." -George MacDonald
From Today's Jesus Calling:
Sit quietly in My Presence while I bless you. Make your mind like a still pool of water, ready to receive whatever thoughts I drop into it. Rest in My suffiency, as you consider the challenges this day presents. Do not wear yourself out by worrying about whether you can cope with the pressures. Keep looking to Me and communicating with Me, as we walk through this day together.
Take time to rest by the wayside, for I am not in a hurry. A leisurely pace accomplishes more than hurried striving. When you rush, you forget who you are and whose you are. Remember that you are royalty in My kingdom.
Psalm 37:7; Romans 8:16-17; 1 Peter 2:9
Slow down! I must yell that phrase at Graham 15x a day but I am the one that really needs to hear it. In fact, this was the first mantra that I felt like the Lord was impressing on my heart. For months now, I have felt as if He has been saying, "Christie, take yourself out of the "world's" time frame. I am not in it." And, for me that has meant so many different things such as, quit working for quick fixes to tough problems, stop forcing relationships to bloom before their time i.e. wait for the Lord to establish friendships, to provide a church family, etc., quit expecting my children to reach some developmental milestone imposed by others(the comparison trap)at a predetermined time, and so much more. These are areas where I need to slow down emotionally. But, I also need to slow down physically such as, taking time for a walk, for devotions, for blogging, and not rushing through the days chores only to do them again tomorrow. Savoring every moment is so important. Even the dishes. And, that is hard. That is so hard for me to do. But, I do believe that every moment, every moment we are alive is sacred, infused with Holy.
I also need to slow down my "wants." Wanting this, wanting that, rushing around to get it. Computers, tripods, do we need a Wii?, ipads, iphones, itouch's, isick of wanting things I don't need and feeling in such a hurry to get them.
So, yes, life mantra #3 is a biggie. Perhaps, the biggest for me. Slloooww dooownnn, Christie. Listening, being, observing, relating, caring, thinking, loving, eating, praying, playing, and sharing. Slowing down enough to enjoy all of it. :)
1 comment:
Christie, are you sure you're not writing these for me? ? They are soooo what I need right now in this time of my life! What perfect timing God has to send friends from near and afar with just the perfect words!
Love you! !
Post a Comment