Thursday, September 24, 2009

A rather unexpected turn.

"There is always another bend in the road." I am not sure if Anne of Green Gables originated that statement or not, but it was in the movie, and I most assuredly believe it to be true! A few nights ago Graham was in bed, Heath was reading and I was messing around on the computer. My mom and sister had found a really neat English Tea store online and I was checking it out. While clicking around I noticed a little tab at the top of the Tea Blog page that said, "hiring writers." I have know idea what possessed me to click it since I have always (well at least since a horrible why-don't-we-all-read-our-creative-writing-pieces-out-loud-to-the-entire-class- 7th grade experience) ALWAYS been insecure about my writing abilities. But, when the application said, "Do you like tea and blogging?" It was kind of like, "Uh yes, yes I do." So, I showed it to Heath and he said, "Go for it!" So, i did. I sent a little piece in about why I would love to have a chance at the position and then the next morning I had a lovely little email in my inbox saying, send me your work you've got the job! So, here I am. At another bend in the road. And, one I must say I am so excited about.

You know, I don't really think it matters if you do little or big things in this world. I just think it is important that you do them. Sometimes, its just important to walk through the door to simply see what is on the other side. This opportunity might be long or short, positive or overwhelming, or a combination of a million things. But, i am gonna give it a go and see what happens. Heck I might be able to have a little fund built up by Christmas. That would be great! Up to 5 articles by every two week pay period...thats 10 articles a month if I am able. I would love to cover Christmas with my articles. That would sure take a load off ;)

I am going to add a link over on my sidebar to the English Tea Blog so if anybody feels in a tea-ish mood you can check it out.

4 comments:

chrissy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chrissy said...

Way too cool! I just read your article on the English Tea Blog and loved it - you should definitely NOT be insecure about your writing. I love tea and look forward to reading more tea posts.

I, too, have applied to be a writer online (also never thought I would) at About.com. There is a wait of 2-8 weeks to find out if I make it into Phase 1, and I am in week 3 of waiting. All I know is at least I tried.

Good luck with your posts and a little extra cash, especially with the upcoming holidays, is always a good thing!

(Sorry about the first comment delete, I had some typos and don't like posting with obviously bad ones. I should have proof read better.)

Barb said...

Christie - I love your "musings" on the English Tea Blog. It makes me want to break out Bob's mom's china tea cups and have at it. I do like tea, but am not the connoisseur you are! I wanted to comment on the blog itself - but wasn't quite sure of the steps.
Have fun with it and don't let it become a burden or your brain will freeze up! ! !
Love ya! !

Peggy said...

Oh my....I knew it....what a lovely article...I'm getting out the "good stuff"....my Mom's Royal Albert "Old Country Roses " has just come out of hiding and will be used this morning in celebration of "MFDIL" and TEA !!

mapeg xxoo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...