Friday, September 25, 2009

Fantasy vs. Reality

While my head is filled with tea musings, my life is definitely filled with reality, like dishes, a baby kicking me in the stomach from the inside, laundry, Dr.s appts, watering the lawn, watching the neighborhood children play with fillet knives, clean...what!?!?! FILLET KNIVES! Oh yes, yesterday Graham was playing with the little girls next store. I felt really strongly that I should sit outside on the porch and keep an eye on them. So I did. Now, I am always inclined to believe that when he is playing with the girls things should be calm, cool, and collected...right? I mean come on ,little girls play house and hug their baby dolls...right? Not exactly. While reading, out of the corner of my eye, I catch a flash of silver reflecting off the sun, look over and see the littlest girl raising a knife with a 6 inch blade over her head with the intention of wacking the grass(at least I hope it was the grass she was aiming at)! I called her name and said, "What in the world do you have in your hands?!?!" The innocent reply was, " A knife." Course, I went running(well waddling) over there took the knife and had a chat with their mom. The oldest one had got into their dad's hunting gear and helped herself to the "tools" there. So, I have learned my lesson(s). 1. always listen to that still small voice that says go find your kids and see what in the heck they are doing. 2. don't trust girls! Thank heavens none of them got hurt!

1 comment:

carla said...

That's scary! That's one of those moments you see behind your eyelids for a while.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...