Friday, July 31, 2009

For Carla

Carla posted a really beautiful verse and thoughts over on her blog. It followed so closely with things I have been thinking lately. How much I want to experience the peace of God in my daily, crazy life. The devotion that I read this morning out of Jesus Calling by Sarah Young also went along those lines. I thought I might post the devotion here. I love the words of peace. Thank you Carla :)


Trust Me in the depths of your being. It is there that I live in constant communion with you. When you feel flustered and frazzled on the outside, do not get upset with yourself. You are only human, and the swirl of events going on all around you will sometimes feel overwhelming. Rather than scolding yourself for your humanness, remind yourself that I am both with you and within you.

I am with you at all times, encouraging and supportive rather than condemning. I know that deep within you, where I live, My Peace is your continual experience. Slow down your pace of living for a time. Quiet your mind in My Presence. Then you be able to hear Me bestowing the resurrection blessing: Peace be with you.

Colossians 1:27; Matthew 28:20; John 20:19

1 comment:

Barb said...

Oh, my Christie - I love this and it comes at a good time for me as well. Thank you for sharing it with everyone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...