Whew! What a bash! It has taken me days to recover enough to even post about G's birthday! Actually, it was really fun and full of some unplanned excitement...like the fact that my mom and I were up talking until late on friday night, heard some shouting outside our window and saw two men litereally beating the, pardon my french, C-R-A-P out of eachother(sorry its the only word that fit what they were doing!). I have never seen two men beat each other up like that. We called the police and I am not sure what eventually happened but it was definitley disturbing. It is really hard to understand violence like that. I am sure they were under the influence of something but still to be so full of rage, it was crazy!But, after that we spent Saturday morning preparing for the party. Mom and I went shopping for last minute stuff, Heath and Graham went to pick up the birthday cake(that Graham had personally requested from Baskin Robbins), and my sis and her boyfriend arrived. Thats were things got a little sketchy. I way over extended myself making a full afternoon tea...it took longer than I thought, I was pooped, and everybody was getting hungry. The only person who seemed to take everything in stride was my little man. I was sooo proud of him. He never complained, was so thankful and appreciative of all his gifts, loved the decorations, and I think, felt completely loved and knew this was a special day just for him. He was a joy to watch. Even though the rest of us were grumping! ha!
The tea did turn out quite well eventually. Thanks mom and Heidi for jumping in and saving me! And, the cake was fab! Never had one from B&R before. It was really good :) Also, buying a portable helium tank to fill up balloons was a life saver(thanks again mom!). If you use a 40% off coupon from Michaels or JoAnn's Fabric they are only $15 and come with balloons and string. Totally worth it!
Man, I am tired just thinking of all we crammed in this past weekend...I need to put my feet up and drink some ice tea! It is really hot here right now!
1 comment:
Lovely, Lovely, Lovely...Thank you Mrs. Smith.
XXOO..Mrs. Smith the Elder (boy do I mean ELDER....!!!...Scarry!!!
Post a Comment