Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Of A Morn'


My mornings as of late, have been a gift. Plain and simple. I usually wake up before Graham but after Heath has left for work. There is always fresh coffee in the pot(courtesy of Hubby). I fix myself a cup heavy on the half n half, always more cream than coffee for me, grab my little devotional book, put on soft music(this moring it was the soundtrack to Emma), sit, pray, think, and reflect. I am so thankful for these moments because I remember quite well the year and a half that Graham was up at 5am on the dot, often after several wakeups during the night. In those days I felt like I was going to lose my mind. And I am also well aware that those days might return again very soon! Who knows what little Liam's schedule will be like...? Oh dear. Yes, I am enjoying these mornings very much.



Today and yesterday I pulled out my crochet and started working at the blanket I am making. The sun was streaming through the windows. Beautiful and peaceful. Graham came out and snuggled in my lap for a bit and then decided to snooze on the floor for a little bit longer. I grabbed the camera because when I am knee deep in diapers and lack of sleep again, I want to remember that this to shall pass and that there are brighter more peaceful days ahead.



Happy Tuesday :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...