Saturday, May 16, 2009

Cleaning

We spent today putting the last spit and polish on our house before the official housing inspection on Monday. The only thing left is to steam clean the carpets. We will tackle that job tomorrow. Quite honestly we have been so busy since the movers came that it has been hard to reflect on this move. I am so thankful that Heath is home and that I didn't have to tackle this whole thing myself. I really don't think I could have done it. No. I know I could not have done it. I did have a little time to think today while I was on my hands and knees cleaning out the fridge and the kitchen cupboards. I was remembering the other night, the last night in our house, lying in bed I heard Graham snoring on the air mattress next to our bed and Heath snoring right next to me and I thought, "You know it really doesn't matter where I live, or whether or not my stuff is with me, I have all the things that matter the most with me wherever I go. Those "things" are my husband, my son, the love of my family and friends, and of course the total love and protection of God." It was such a comforting thought knowing that even though the morning would bring so much upheaval and a heck of alot of work cleaning, keeping Graham occupied which is a full time job for sure, and living out of suitcases for the next several weeks. Yet, all is well. I am nothing but excited for this new chapter in our lives. That is such a nice feeling :)

1 comment:

Barb said...

That is so beautiful, and so true! When it comes right down to it - we do have all we need. They, (our family and friends) after all, are the only "things" we can "take with us" when we go!
Take care not to over do - get your rest!
Love ya!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...