Thursday, January 3, 2008

Word: 2008

So, I have been spending some time at my favorite blog in all the world, aliedwards.typepad.com and I am challenged by her idea of choosing a word for 2008. The idea is to pick a word that you want to focus on for the whole year. Since, I am a word-person, this is very inspiring to me. Anybody else want to join me? I would love to know what your words are (Carla? Becky? You guys are my faithful readers I am counting on you here!haha!). My word for the year is a pretty simple one. I chose...Love. There were some pretty close runners-up but I just couldnt get away from that one. Love is something that I think I am so good at, but really, I have such a long way to go. It is essential to life yet, at times, I can with hold it at will (e.g. I get ticked off at somebody and decide to hold a nasty grudge. So ugly but true!). Love. Yep, its my word for the year. Something, I hope to cultivate more of. Not on my own, but with help, lots of help. My role model for this one is to study the life of Jesus. True love. Pure love. The ultimate example.

I am also going to make 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 my verse for the year.

Love suffers long and is kind
Love does not envy
Love does not parade itself, is not puffed up
Love does not behave rudely
Love does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil
Love does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth
Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things
Love never fails.

Blessings
Christie

2 comments:

carla said...

Yes, faithful reader I am. I read Ali's post also. No particular word has come to me yet...not that I've really had time to think about it! But maybe a post to my site will pop up here soon! =)

Becky said...

Hmmmm, one word.....that's so hard! I think that I will choose "Grace". Like love, it is so easy to withhold grace from people. I learned recently how much extending grace to someone even though they hurt me badly can change someone's life. With Christ as my example, this is going to be my word for the year. My verse will be 2 Corinthians 12:9 & 10

" And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weekness." Most gladdly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong."

I will strive this year to have Paul's mindset. Through my weaknesses may God's power reside in me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...