These things are very scarce here on the island. Because everything comes by boat or plane and the weather is so unpredictable milk, butter, and fruit are hot commodities. I have been to three different stores at three different times only to find no milk or the only stuff left is organic(really expensive) or its past its expiration. At the Commissary(on base grocery) there was no butter, no yogurt, and no orange juice! Boy, how I used to take things for granted before living in the wild! And I wont even begin to describe the fruit and veggies. Lets just say, once you buy it you have about 2.5 hours to eat it before it goes bad...well, that is a little bit of an exaggeration but not much :)
On another note, taking inspiration from my friend Emily's blog. I am going to post 12 pictures at the bottom of this blog. One picture for every month of Grahams first year of life. Just a little walk down memory lane and a celebration of his life(he will be 2 1/2 on the 23rd)...we've come a long way baby!
2 comments:
I can't see the baby pics of Graham, and I totally want to. I must not be looking in the right place. Oh, and you aren't kidding about fruits and veggies around here! I still can't believe I paid almost $7.00 for that thing of strawberries the other day, but it was totally worth it! :)
we got to see half of "stayin alive", uninterupted ...that was all we could 'buffer"..but it was great !...sorry about the fruits and veggies...I sell Juice Plus...do you want some info?...I couldn't see the baby pics either as said emily....love you ..ma peg...oh, Ray's BD is Friday
Post a Comment