Saturday, March 3, 2012

March is Marching In

Its morning and in lieu of my customary cup of tea I am having hot water with a a lemon floating in it since caffeine is verboten on the Daniel Fast. I don't mind that so much but my poor hubby is fighting headaches every day while his body adjusts. Yesterday was tough. I wanted a burger. But, we made it through. I really don't think I could have done this fast if I hadn't found the Ultimate Guide to the Daniel Fast. I have made a recipe from that book every single night. Last night I made oatmeal raisin cookies. No eggs, no butter, no oil and instead of all purpose flour I used almond flour ( which is ridiculously expensive!). It was so weird making cookies without those ingredients. But, they turned out well. Its not like, "Oh my gosh, that is the best cookie I have ever had!" Its more like, "Oh my gosh, its chewy, its kind-of-sort-of-sweet, I love it!" I am glad we are doing this fast. I feel like I am learning so much. Its funny, I feel like I am thinking of food a lot but in a different way. Instead of obsessing over ice cream and cake. I am starting to delve into the world of healthy eating from the ground up, literally. If it hasn't grown in the ground we don't eat it. And, while I wouldn't want to keep up this dietary lifestyle for the rest of my life it is a very interesting experiment. Everything we eat is so fresh. And, in some ways it is so simple. Really, interesting.

Both of my boys and myself are getting colds. Graham was really sick yesterday. He slept from dinner time until this morning! For my big boy, that is a ton of sleep. His poor little face looked so sad and flushed. But, he feels much better this morning and I am thankful. I just want to have us all well for the Great Wolf Lodge. I hope it doesn't hit Liam as hard.

Heath and I are back into watching the Amazing Race. We love that show. We have been watching it since we lived in Maryland! We are also catching up on the second season of Downton Abbey. Those are pretty much the only shows we are following lately. Well, Heath and the boys have to watch Gold Rush as well. It is cute to watch them all huddled together on the big leather chair eyes glued to show. The boys like all the diggers :)

I have been thinking about so many things lately. Heath and I have been pondering our future, where we will live, what we want to do when he retires from the Coast Guard, raising our boys, parenting stuff, learning stuff, and spiritual stuff. Oh, on that note I purchased off of Amazon Hidden in My Heart, A Lullabye Journey Through Scripture. It is so beautiful. I play it for Graham while he is falling asleep. I like to listen too. Very relaxing and uplifting.

Well, I want to get up and moving. Heath had to go into work today. He has to drive down to Grays Harbor to pick up a boat and then drive it back up to his station. Hopefully, the weather is calm so his ride isn't to bumpy. Thankfully, he will be able to come home tonight :)

TTFN!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...