The friday before last, I had been talking to my mom on the phone on and off all day. She was home from work and had a Dr.s appt. so we chatted until it was time for her to go. Didn't think much of it. That evening my mom called again and I answered in my goofy way that I do whenever I see it is her on our caller ID. But, this time after I said "hello" there was silence. And then she said, "Um, yeah, Christie, I am just going to cut to the chase here while I can talk(I heard the tears in her voice). The Doctor found a large lump in my breast and is very concerned. She wants me to have a biopsy right way." Thud. My heart went into speed racing in a nano second and the tears sprang to my eyes in less time that that. Lump? Biopsy? Concern? Not words I wanted to hear. Not words I was prepared to hear. We had just been laughing hours before. We were talking about Christmas and Heidi's baby and the boys and...not this. Please, God, not this...
The rest of the evening was spent in ways it is hard for me to explain. The waves of emotions when a loved one is facing something like this is just incredible. But, suffice to say, I knew I needed to be with her. Heath, knew that too. So, the next day my mom drove up here to pick us up. It needs to be noted that this came as a complete surprise to her because she did not feel sick. Nothing led her to believe she had any kind of breast issue. She felt very able to drive up here and get us and we had a really good time driving back down to her house talking and just being together. That is what we needed we needed eachother.
The rest of the week was really my mom going in for tests and resting, well as much as she could with my munchkins begging for her attention, but we both agreed that that was good too. My boys kept us laughing so much we hardly had a chance to worry. And, I was able to help with some housework and make dinner for her. It was a group effort. But, we made it work :)
So, at this point, we are waiting for test results. Thankfully, she experienced very little pain with the tests and things looked good just from what they could see at that time. But, the Doctor said that no matter what she wants the lump removed so we are pretty certain that mom will be facing some type of surgery.
She has been so blessed by the prayers and love that she has received. God has been moving in this. That is all I can really say right at this moment. Words fail me a bit at this time. But, He is here. And, when He is in something, know matter what, you know that it is going to be okay. No matter what. My mom told me that whether or not the Lord heals her physically He has healed her spiritually. I really can't add anything more to that. Except, God is good. All the time.
Thanks so much for your prayers. Initially, we only let a few people know because my sister was on the east coast and we didn't want to worry her when she was so far away. She now knows and I asked my mom if I could share on facebook and here and she said absolutely, "Yes!" She is so thankful for any and all prayers. That means everything. Truly.
So, I will close with the verse that i posted when I found all this out. Because, it spoke to me. Because I believe in God who is not distant from our suffering, in fact, He walked in it. It has become so important to me to know that Jesus suffered. He didn't just come to earth a distant, power weilding God insensitive to our earthly pain. He came as one of us. An infant who grew to be a man. He suffered and died in agony. For us. With us. I can only imagine that to a person who is laying on a hospital bed in pain words of find your "inner peace" or "focus on your inner goddess" would be like salt in an open wound. The ridiculous phrases of humanistic rhetoric has absolutely no comfort for someone who is literally fighting for their life in pain. But, Jesus said, "Come to me all who are weak and heavy laden for I will give you rest." My mom told me that she can't imagine going through something like this without a belief in God and His incomparable strength. I can't either. Here is the verse. Words of comfort, from a God of peace.
"Even to your old age I am He, and even to gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you. Isaiah 46:4
Love and Hugs,
Christie
5 comments:
very well said !! As I tell you often, you're such a great writer ! Pepper is blessed to have a daughter like you !! I thank God for touching Pepper and I am praying for her complete healing !
Thanks for sharing. I will continue to lift you all in prayer. The big "C" word makes the heart beat a bit faster and causes fear to invade our minds. I will pray for His perfect peace and for healing. Keep us posted. Love, Mrs. E.
Oh, Christie. I don't know what to say. But. . . I can pray, and pray I will.
I have to say - that verse spoke to me and I didn't even know why you had shared it. It's funny how one little thing, like a verse, can affect so many different people with different needs. Thank you for sharing - and hang on to God's hand! He will walk you thru.
I know . . . I contradicted myself.
I'm so glad you live close enough to be able to be with your Mom. I know what it is like to wait for these type of test results and can empathize with the feelings that go along with the wait. I'll be thinking of you and your family.
Post a Comment