Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Wedding and the Trailer.

I realize the title of this post sounds like a chapter in Redneck Diaries, but its not. Its my life :) So, my sister's beautiful, incredible wedding is over and she is happily spending her days on a Hawaiian island soaking up the sun with her new husband. Ahhh, deep breath. It was a whirlwind of a wedding as they always are. But, boy did my mom make it beautiful. Her vision was just lovely, truly breathtaking, and I know that my sister felt very, very special. Since I was in the wedding I only have one picture from it...I know that is so sad but it is kinda of hard to find a discreet place to put your camera when you are wearing a bridesmaid dress. I tried the bosom area, really didn't work. So, I just gave up. But, when the Battle Star Galatica cake was rolled out my son begged me to take a picture. Oh my gosh, was that cake cool! Heidi's husband is a Star Trek junkie so it was a special surprise just for him. Graham thought it was the mose awesomest thing ever! In fact, watching him enjoy the wedding was probably one of my favorite parts of the whole evening. He was such an amazing little ring bearer and he absolutely adored hanging around with my uncle, eating cupcakes(deliciously made by Laila), and listening to my sister sing with the band. It was really fun watching him experience something so grand and very new to him. :)(In this picture he is wearing a t-shirt, he just couldn't wear the "itchy" ring bearer suit one more second, but boy did he look handsome!)





And then there was the trailer...






We picked this little beauty up the day after we got to Oregon. And, oh my gosh, do we love it! It is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l! It was our maiden voyage! Thank goodness Heath's folks were in the trailer next door because we are definitely trailer "newbies." We pooled all our rescources and had a really great time minus Liam falling headfirst out the door which made me scream and nearly die...all is well though, he didnt even get a bump on his head. We all believe we heard the flutter of angels wings breaking the fall...another deep breath.






This is a picture of our trailers together. They are exact copies of eachother as far as floor plans. Graham had so much fun running between the trailers "visiting." He made crafts, read books, baked and decorated cupcakes for Liam's little trailer park birthday :) Ray and Peggy brought a cake and presents so we could have a little party for Liam. Oh how I love them! Such a good time. Plus we had handmade birthday hats it doesnt get much better than that!




The End.

4 comments:

carla said...

After my sister's wedding I thought the mother and sister of the bride needed a honeymoon more than the bride! The cake is amazing!

Becky said...

Even though I'm no good at it, I love getting on here and reading your blog! I check it every day!

Barb said...

I love your "Redneck Diaries"! ! !
I love the cake!
I love your "trailer park" story!
I love you!

Kim said...

Hi Christie, It was so nice to read your blogs again. I haven't had a chance to read them for a long time cause we were without internet. They always make me smile and wish I was better with words. Anyway, that cake is so awesome. I can't believe Graham is already in K and Liam is 1. Happy Birthday to him! I love your trailer, Terry and I have been talking about getting one for years. Maybe someday. Take care!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...