I am going to play catch-up on a few days here:
Friday: I don't really remember.
Saturday: Started by rising with the sun. I am doing this even when the boys are still sleeping. I wake Heath up and ask him if he wants to join me downstairs for a cup of tea. It is a nice time of the morning together. Then I hop on the computer and check the garage sales in the area and if my boys are up for it we head out together. If they aren't I head out on my own. I am usually looking for teacups, stuff to outfit the camping trailer, holiday stuff, baskets, and the occasional item I just can't walk away from. As far as teacups go, estate sales are totally the best. I only buy cups made in England and I don't like to pay more than $5 for them. I have scored big time lately. I love it! This Saturday I brought home two baskets, a teacup, Jenga(game), and a toy forklift. I was all over town and it was really fun. Then I came home made breakfast, cleaned up after breakfast, then got ready and headed to the Dungeness Crab Festival. Graham begged us to go so that he could get a crab hat. We had crab cakes, looked a the booths, bought a crab hat, and came home. The whole time i thought Graham wasn't quite himself only to get home and have him really come down with the cold/flu. He was pretty much on the couch the whole weekend. We watched lots of movies :)
Sunday: Heath went to church while I stayed home and nursed my poor little sickie boy. Did some baking and sat out in the sunshine for a bit. Also, brought out my ancient crochet project that I have been working on for YEARS. Felt good to do handy work again. Read a few blogs and now am totally inspired to do a SMASH scrapbook album after reading Elizabeth Kartchner's blog. I figured I could make one of my own and have been adding stuff to it. So fun! Then we watched Amazing Race and went to bed.
Monday: Went to Costco. Bought a coffee table off craigs list. Went to Safeway. Brought coffee table home and watched Liam jump on it...Made pumpkin muffins. Ate pumpkin muffins. Watched Second Hand Lions. I am also attempting to clean up my scrapping space, that will be a process for sure!
Well that was my weekend. I think? There has been a lot of horrid football in the background as well but I prefer not to think about that.
2 comments:
Ha! Love it! You're gonna HAVE to post a pic of your tea cups, Little Lady. Do you hear me??? ~ tee-hee
I'm going to have to check out Elizabeth's blog for sure.
Yea, I need to get crackin' on my "new found, vintage" afghan. Time's a wastin' and I ain't gettin' no younger!
Feel ya on the football ~ Good Gravy Marie! A man and his ball(s) ~ bahahaha
Sorry "Little Man" was sick. Goes with the territory of being a mom, I suppose ;).
Have a wonderful rest of the week!
Love ya!!
good to hear from you. I have been meaning to post on my weekend.. oh and I have another recipe to share... I am going to post my family classics as I make them... re: scrap booking. I have good intentions, but just don't think it is my thing. I think I would rather do a digital scarp book.. takes up less space ;)
I think mine is getting sick too... feel you there... earaches are the worse.
talk to you soon.
Post a Comment