Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Fog is Lifting

The other night, while laying in bed, I read this in a devotional by Elizabeth George:

"When we aren't functioning according to what is real, it is much like trying to function when you have a fever or the flu. You know how limited you are when you're not healthy. Even though you continue to fulfill your responsibilities, something is missing. The demands of each task and your body's ability to respond are out of synch. You may do your work, but there is little, if any, enthusiasm. Many times tasks are half done or done poorly. Poor physical health means less energy and lesser performance."

I had to chuckle when I read that because that is exactly how it has been for me lately. I really don't know what I would have done if Heath's mama hadn't come and rescued us. Right when I got sick Heath had to stay out at the station for 2 days and then go to Seattle after that. I would have been one miserable woman, with two miserable kids if Grandma Peggy hadn't come and fed us, dressed us, made tea, dropped Graham off, picked Graham up, changed diapers, decorated pumpkins, grocery shopped, chased a 2yr old, played countless games of Mouse Trap, washed and folded laundry, washed dishes, made soup, and all around cared and nurtured us back to health. Move over Florence Nightengale, Peggy Smith is in town! Truly, she was an angel of mercy in our time of need.

Now, that we are slowly but surely getting better and our energy is returning I have a few cutie pictures to share.



Our pumpkins and my little pumpkin with his "crab hat" on. L-O-V-E.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Glad you are on the mend and your own personal "Nurse Nighingale" was there to see you thru! It seems there's illness everywhere right now. Love your "Little Punkin' Heads", especially the one that looks like a real live boy!

Welcome back to "Bloggy Land".

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...