Thursday, July 21, 2011

Rag Curls

Whilst reading my favorite blogs I was inspired by one of them to put my hair up in rag curls, you know, how they got luscious curls in the old days. So, I cut up a pair of my old pjs into strips and spent what felt like hours rolling my hair around rags. Now, there are a few things that occurred to me during this process.

1. You want to be 100% sure that your husband loves you for more than your looks before attempting this beauty treatment. Heath just looked over at me and shook his head while I was wrapping my hair. He asked me if I was going to be upset if after all this work the curls would only last for one day. I looked at him like he was nuts and said that I would be lucky if they even lasted that long. I informed him that the only way to get curls that last for more than one day is to get a perm. He just shook his head again and thanked his lucky stars he is a man. When I was all done he said I looked like Raggety Ann.

2. It is not the most comfortable thing in the world when your head first hits the pillow. But, after a bit I got used to it and slept just fine.

3. Do not be afraid when you wake up in the morning and look like Shirley Temple. The curls need to relax.

4. With some work and a little bit of adjusting I can see where this might work out really well. They say that it is much gentler on your hair than curling irons and such. Next time I won't wrap my curls so tightly. I think if you had long hair it would work even better because then you would get little curls at the ends of your hair.

5. If you had to go to the hospital for some sort of emergency in the middle of the night I can't even imagine how much joy you would give the ER crew when you show up with your hair full of rags. That would have to be one of the perks of working in the ER at night, seeing what people show up in.

So, that is my take on rag curls. Kind of a fun way for a different look. I am going to try it again tonight.

Here is the blog post that inspired me. My hair didn't quite look like that ;)
http://abeautifulmess.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/07/diy-curls-how-to-rag-roll-your-hair-.html

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...