Friday, July 8, 2011

The Facts of Life

Fact #1: I had so many books to return to the library that I had to put them in a laundry basket to transport them. I asked Heath to carry them to the drop box because it was so heavy!

Fact #2: The weather here has been how shall we say, a bit on the chilly side, and so darn windy. We have to pull our hanging baskets in every night so they dont' get blown to smithereens. I wear a hoodie sweatshirt almost every day...welcome to July in the Northwest. But, it has been sunny so that is nice. I just wouldn't mind a stretch of kiddie pool type weather. The kids have been begging for pool time. Maybe in August :)

Fact #3: I have yet to see my little niece. Soon I hope. The waiting is killing me!

Fact #4: Graham and the neighbor girls loved Vacation Bible School this year. The theme was "Gold Rush." They especially liked "Stinky Pete" one of the characters in the skit that was performed every evening. Something was remarkably different this time in the hearts of Graham and the girls. The oldest girl in particular. Her little heart was so open to the message that she heard every evening. She was asking me so many questions about God and life on the ride home. I knew that I was experiencing something very sacred and that the Holy Spirit was moving in her precious little heart. I can't tell you how much I prayed that I was able to answer her questions to the best of my ability. Both girls asked their parents for Bibles and were so excited to get them. They brought them over the next day, little pink Precious Moments Bibles, just like had when I was little. I pulled mine out to show them. Hannah, the oldest girl wanted to read all the verses that went along with the pictures and so we did. There we were sitting in garage while the other kids swooshed by on their scooters reading the Living Word of God together. I feel like, in some small way, i am a part of something very special in her life. I feel very privileged to be a part of that. It reminds me that staying at home with my children, being available to my boys and the friends that come into their lives is a very high calling. I heard the home and mothering referred to as "missionary outposts" in a hurting world and I like that. I like that a lot.

Fact #5: Graham and Liam are very much into trains right now. Graham is excited that he has a train "buddy." I am excited to see the two of them playing and laughing together. What could be better than that?

Fact #6: I have pulled out my old E-Mealz menus because I am totally brain dead right now when it comes to meals. It is so nice to have my weekly menu all planned for me. All I have to do is shop, cook, and clean. All the meals are very well rounded and that is another comfort. Sometimes I do all right with the main dish but what to have with it is such a brain strain, you know?

Fact #7: My poor hubby is doing a lot of driving lately, as in, A LOT. Fortunately, he really seems to like his new station so far. That is a real blessing. The plan we have been percolating here lately is to take our trailer out there so that we can "camp" out there with him on the nights he stays over. There are three trailer spots on the base that NOAA used to use when they were working out there. I am excited about it. The spots are literally right on the water and you have a view of an island. It is so pretty. And the station is really nice. It is located directly in the middle of an Indian Reservation and is quite remote. Kinda cool, really. Oh yes, and the Coast Guard station apparently has a ghost inhabiting the basketball court. Even the Indians who play basketball there have said that they have seen her, a young girl in a purple dress...uh, huh. Okay, yeah, so two things. 1.) Myself and my children are going nowhere near the basketball court. 2.) I will think of a warm happy place on foggy, misty nights. Aggghhhh!

Fact #8: I want to lose weight but I don't want to do what it takes to make that happen.

Fact #9: My kids are standing on the front porch watching the garbage truck come by. The are so excited. I really need to get them out more often.

Fact #10: I need to get a perm. My hair is so flat and frumpy I can't stand it. I need me some curl!

Well, I am sure there is more to write. Like the fact that I check every day to see what Kate Middleton is wearing on her trip with the hubby across Canada or that all I want to read right now are romance novels. Not the smutty ones, mind you, but the ones that take 300 pages just to end with a passionate (but pure) kiss. I know. I am a total Pollyanna, no apologies I am afraid that's just the way it be. Yes, I could share more really important stuff like that but the garbage truck is moving on from our neighborhood and my children need some attention :0)

2 comments:

Janet Olson said...

I had such an "Anne" feeling when you were talking about the ghost... haha.

You are too cute

carla said...

They may be facts of life, but what a beautiful life you (and I) have. We really should talk soon. =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...