Monday, July 11, 2011

The Discovery Trail






On Saturday we biked 8+ miles on the Discovery Trail. It's a paved bike trail that spans about 30 miles of the peninsula. What a perfect day for it! Sunny, with the mountains in the distance, and a nice cool breeze to keep the sweat at bay! We had no idea how far we would go, we just threw our bikes, and the bike trailer for the kids, in the back of our truck and went for it. We rode about 4miles stopped for a picnic, narrowly avoided being caught in a rather large swarm of bees(thanks to my nature man for catching on to that and getting us outta there!), chatted with a nice older gentleman, and then headed back. Oh, yes, and I spotted a garage sale on our ride, I think Heath was hoping that I would miss it but I didn't because I can smell them from a mile away. I peddled in there and bought 3 children's books for .25 cents each. The boys looked at them on the ride back. Graham and Liam were so amazingly good for the whole ride it was incredible. They had fun laughing together and pointing at interesting things on the ride. At one point I rode up next to them to check on them and found Liam, looking like he could fall asleep, rubbing Grahams cheek. Oh.My.Goodness. Of course, we had to finish the day with ice cream. Had to, you know. ;)

1 comment:

Barb said...

I want a discovery trail. . .

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...