Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday Musings

Here is what our week is shaping up to look like. Heath's folks are heading over here sometime later this week probably Thursday or Friday and Graham can't wait! He is counting the "wake-ups" until they get here. I get to have my teeth cleaned mid week and talk to the dentist about the crowding issue that is going on with my teeth. They have always been a bit crowded but it is definitely getting worse as I get older. So, we will talk over the options to see what can be done. On Saturday we drove to the Naval Base near Graham's pediatric dentist and did a little tax free grocery shopping. -side note, Graham just came downstairs and he and Liam are giving eachother their morning hugs, OH BE STILL MY HEART!!! The sweetness is almost to much. I must remember these moments when they are fighting over toys- Anyhoo, the grocery shopping went pretty well. Liam didn't sleep on the way over so he was a bit tired and cranky and Graham asked us to buy every little thing that he saw...that almost drove me insane because I was really trying to concentrate. But, it is worth the trip and with a little coupon clipping i saved 16.95. Not to bad. All in all the boys did really good. We have been having some discipline issues with G lately. He has been pushing the sassy talk and not listening button a little two much and he got disciplined for it yesterday. I just can't stand sassy talk. There is something in me that totally recoils at a little kid who talks terribly to adults. I have a no sass talk tolerance level. It is probably due to the way I was brought up. My parents did not allow a bit of that. I am so glad that they were like that. Kids are too cute to have nasty talk come out of their mouths. Graham was like an angel after he got disciplined. My mom always says that kids want to know that you mean it and that you will follow through with discipline. My mama is a wise woman. Well, I lit a candle today to try and chase away the gloom. Man, we need some sunshine. There really is no gray like the Pacific Northwest can dish out. But, my friend Barb challenged me to see the light in the gray. I am trying Barb! I am reallllly trying! But I have visions of palm trees and sandy beaches dancing around in my head and it just isn't matching up to reality :) Better run and get my big boy a toaster strudel. Not exactly healthy but oh-so-yummy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...