God is giving us some glorious mornings I gotta tell ya'. By lunch time the gray has usually settled in and the rain starts but the mornings...Oh. My. Goodness. This morning, Liam and I took a blanket( with a cup of tea for me) and sat out on the back porch in the rocking chair and listened to the birds chirping. It was chilly but having a sweet little boy cuddled under a blankie with me certainly helped. He laid his little head back and we just rocked, pointed at interesting things and listened. That one is going down in my Thankfulness journal for sure! Graham is still tucked up and comfy in his bunkbed right now. Unfortunately, he is missing the mornings but I really think he needs the extra sleep. A little boy with that much energy totally needs to recharge for as long as he can!
We have been busy this week. Grandma Peggy and Grandpa Ray left on monday. Graham started swim lessons again which is Tues. & Thurs. in the mornings, I am literally drowning in laundry, we are still fighting the sniffles, and so on and so forth.
But, I thought I would make a little list of things I am into right now for fun:
Reading (Me):Where There is Love, There is God by Mother Teresa
The Jesus I Never Knew by Philip Yancey
(Graham) Every shark book the library has.
(Liam) The Plumply, Dumply Pumpkin and The Googlies
(Heath) The Bible
Drinking: Good Earth's Sweet and Spicy Herbal Tea. This stuff is sooo good. I am really not much of an herbal tea drinker, there aren't that many that float my boat. This one is truly a winner. Its caffeine free which makes it good for a late night beverage and it is naturally sweet, it doesn't need any extra sugar! I love that. I haven't tried it but I bet it would make a great iced tea. Really good stuff. Heath's mom brought some when they came to visit and now I am hooked!
Watching: (Me & Heath) The Amazing Race, The Biggest Loser, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, and Spring Wipeout.
(Graham) Ducktales, Lego Movies, SpongeBob(I know.) and Spring Wipeout
Eating: I was really using the crockpot for a while but I have gotten lazy and forget to pull meat out of the freezer here lately. I seem to go in cycles from very creative and inspired in the kitchen to wanting to serve cereal for dinner for a week. Balanced has never been my middle name ;) But, I did organinze all my handwritten, clipped, or printed recipes into 3 binders and I love it. Now, I don't have to shuffle through a mountain of crazy recipes to get the one I want.
Wearing: Sweaters and jeans. I am so tired of sweaters and jeans.
Loving: My house full of men. My house. I get so much joy from living here. My family. My friends. Ideas. Dreams. Hopes. Easter coming. Toddler toes. Big boy hugs. Watching my husband mow the lawn(He is hot!). So many things.
No comments:
Post a Comment