Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day and Please Pass The NyQuil

Well, we spent the day of love at the Dr's office for Liam, for a minor skin abrasion that needed looked at, only to leave there and have Graham's cold turn into a full blown fever with mild seizures, trembling, and talking in his fitfull sleep. He only perked up for Wheel of Fortune and ice cream. He declared that, "He loves that show!" Once Liam went to bed, Graham fell asleep with his head on my lap. I ran my fingers through his hair and looked down at his little flushed face, it literally breaks my heart when he is sick. We watched him very closely and he slept with me so I could keep an eye on him. He is much better this morning so I think we are on the upswing. Hoping the rest of us don't catch this nasty bug. It seems like since December it has just been one nasty bug after another. Seriously ready for this to stop.


Sunday was really our Valentines Day. Heath took the boys "shopping." Graham wanted me to know that they were going to a "hardware store." Then he would wink at his dad. Oh, I love that boy! When they came home I had a lovely pot of live flowers(which I requested ahead of time in case anyone was thinking of flowers for their beloved, I wanted live flowers this year so we could enjoy them for longer), a lovely box of chocolates, a cupcake balloon picked out by Graham, and two of the lovliest cards ever. Quite lovely. Graham did decided that he wasn't too impressed with Valentine's Day. "Too girlie."


In other news, Graham is sooo into the shark book we checked out at the library. We read it several times a day. He also checked out a spider book, which I refuse to read with him, because it makes me gag. Which he loves. He loves to gross me out. :)


He has also been very into looking at and admiring his German Smokers collection. He loves these things! My mom got him into them and we love how he took to them. Such a cool collection for a little boy :)


Also, I purchased a Gooseberry Patch cookbook at the grocery store. Slow Cookers, Casseroles, & Skillets, I love it! Tried the slowcooker barbeque pork and it was delicious. There are fun cookbooks to look at. Lots of neat ideas.


Well, I better think about getting ready. The operative word today is think.

1 comment:

Janet Olson said...

Do share some of those recipes with me, I love cook books. I think they need to have a cook books anynoums group, cause it is almost an illness for me. I hope graham is feeling better. My boy has a mild fever and has had a stuffy nose which isn't uncommon, as I think he was born with one. Mike and I both caught it and he is home sick today. I love winter, just not the 'cold season'.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...