"I will both lie down in peace, and sleep;
For You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.
Psalm 4:8
And, we have been doing really well with weaning so far. I have heard weaning referred to as the "long goodbye" and it is. I am very ready to move on into true toddlerhood and to find some new freedom again. But, it is a process and sometimes it breaks my heart when he still reaches for me wanting that comfort/nourishment. I know, without a doubt, it is the right time. And, I know without a doubt, it is best. But, there is just a little part of me that is sad that it is over. A very little part, but it is there just the same. Hard to believe he is big enough for this step. Didn't we just bring him home from the hospital? Oh my. Time truly does have wings and fly. But, I also know from experience that kids are so wonderful, in that, one season passes but another follows right on its heels, full of wonder and new experiences. I like that. And, I also like that I won't have to wear shirts with holes in the bosom!
No comments:
Post a Comment