This has been my spot, as of late, to pray. I read about a woman who had a prayer bench in her home, and I thought, "Hey, I have a bench...I could...pray there!" It is right in front of our living room window, right in the thick of the chaos and the noise. Not exactly a place of peace and quiet, for sure, but it works perfectly for several reasons.My boys are usually pretty groggy first thing in the morning. They take a while to really wake up. So, while they are watching cartoons, drinking their morning beverages, and playing with toys I sit and look out the window and I pray. They don't pay that much attention to me, but I know they would freak out if I left to go pray somewhere "quiet." So, I just let them do their thing. And, I pray. I pray for my neighborhood, my town, my family, my friends, and situations. Sometimes I even kneel at my prayer bench. Today Graham asked what I was doing and decided to join me. He prayed for his new baby cousin that is on the way. It has been such a blessing to start the day this way, looking out the window, praying for my nearest and dearest. I have to note that some mornings the boys are crazy for whatever reason. And, that is okay too. I just pray as best I can and trust that the Lord hears the prayers that I shout over the din of two wild boys. I really want to be more of a prayer in 2011. I believe that prayer changes things like nothing else can.
When I am sitting on my prayer bench this is the view out my window. I can look past the house at the very back of this picture and see the Straits of Juan de Fuca beautiful and blue(can't really tell in this picture). I can even see buildings in Victoria, British Columbia. Yep, its a good spot for prayin'. :)
2 comments:
Christie,
You have inspired me so much this week! So,very, much. In so many ways. I am pondering a "prayer bench" as I type this to you. I'm sure I have something somewhere around here that will work! Thank you for "bringing me thru" this week. It has been. . . trying.
Pray for me at your bench: 1. for Bob to find a job, 2. that I'm the best mom and grandmom I can be, and 3. that I find my prayer bench!
Love you bushels
Amen sweet girl....amen, amen, amen.
Post a Comment