Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I should have known...

I should have known that after a fun 3 Day weekend(trip to Fort Warden, a couple of hikes in the rain, Costco, Pride and Predjudice,popcorn, breakfast at IHOP, cleaning, reading, together time) yesterday was going to be heck. Because, it was. Fussing, shouting, crying, whining, hands in the air throwing, pouting, saucy little five year old, and 15mo. old HECK! Heck, I say! By the time bed time rolled around I could not wait for my "wee bairins" to hit the hay. Hoping for better things today :) Actually, I am going in for a DtAP vaccination today. I can't remember the last time I was vaccinated for anything. I need to get it done.

Weaning is almost finished. Actually, for all practical purposes it is finished. I really only let him feed, no more than once a day to relieve discomfort for me. But, it has already been over 24hrs without any feeds and I feel fine so hopefully we are almost completely finished. It has been such a smooth process all in all and I am so thankful for that. I must say, I do miss him bringing me the boppy pillow as his cue for a feeding. It was so cute! I could be doing the dishes, loading the laundry, etc, and around the corner would come the boppy with a tiny little person behind it, holding it up for me to "get the picture," I want fed mom! I do miss that. Had to hide the boppy in fact, because if he saw it he started to cry and that broke my heart!

2 comments:

Heidi G said...

I sure hope you got a picture of him carrying that boppy pillow to you. You will want a picture of that someday for sure.

Barb said...

And. . . you should know, too, that no good deed goes unpunished! :(

There's a new day around the corner, though ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...