Mary Poppins was on t.v. this weekend. We watched it of course. I am going to make a bold statement here by saying that I don't think it is possible to have any resemblance of a happy childhood without having seen Disney's Mary Poppins by the time you are at least 6 years old(well it might be possible but it is highly improbable!). It is imperative that a child watch this movie before the magic wears off completely. And by magic I am not talking all voodoo here. I am speaking of the magic little children carry with them daily. The kind that wears off the closer we get to the teen years but thankfully returns, although in a different form, once you have children of your own. The kind of magic I am talking about is the kind that children believe in innately, like watching a grown woman flying through the sky propelled by only a slight breeze and an umbrella, and finding it totally believable. This is the stuff of Mary Poppins. I love this movie, I always have. The music. The colors. The story. And, it takes place in England which is as close as earth gets to heaven in my humble estimation.
Remember! A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down :)
1 comment:
We love Mary Poppins in our house.
Post a Comment