Thursday, April 1, 2010

Being Ordinary

I like this quote. I like it a lot. I think most of us live somewhere between ordinary and extraordinary. Some days our potential is incredible. Other days not so much. But, maybe to be ordinary is extraordinary? I think so.

"And while it takes courage to achieve greatness, it takes more courage to find fulfillment in being ordinary. For the joys that last have little relationship to achievement, to standing one step higher on the victory platform. What is the adventure of being ordinary? It is daring to love just for the adventure of giving it away. It is venturing to give new life and to nurture it to maturity. It is the working hard for the pure joy of being tired at the end of the day. It is caring and sharing and giving and loving."

Marilyn Thomsen

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...