Monday, February 23, 2009
I am very thankful.
I am very thankful for mornings when Grammie wakes up cheerful and plays by himself for a while. Especially, when Daddy is gone. Yes, Daddy is gone again. The countdown starts. It is a little different this time though. The thought that this is our last patrol aboard the Munro truly makes it feel like there is a light at the end of this tunnel. And, Heath did not actually leave with the ship. He left the same day but flew out to the east coast with a buddy from the ship(so glad they got to go together)for a 2 week school pertaining to the new position he will have at our new station. So, he will fly back here and hopefully we will have some time together before the ship makes a port call, then he will have to catch a flight to rejoin the ship for the remainder of the patrol. But...we are also hoping that his request to leave the ship early will be granted. So that instead of sailing home, he will be able to fly out of where they will be(have to keep it vague because of security)and then be here to help with all the moving chaos. Here is hoping and praying! So, that takes what would be a 3mo separation and turns it into a little over a month and a half for us if it all works out. That helps me too. My mantra right now is, "Take it one day at a time girl, and lean on Jesus for the strength you need." And, I know that He is more than enough to get us through :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I cannot wait until you move back to the mainland- Although it is not in the immediate area, I am looking forward to maybe seeing you more often. :0)
Post a Comment