



Well, we have been in Oregon for 3 days now and gosh, is it nice to be home! We left Kodiak at 6pm on Wednesday got to Anchorage at 7pm had a 5 hour layover there, then boarded the plane at 12:50am for the 3 hour flight to Portland. Long day. But, I have to say that it was pretty enjoyable for being such a late flight. Graham was excellent the whole trip(with a few minor meltdowns). I think what made it so nice was that for our layover we took advantage of the Sleep and Rest Center in the Anchorage airport. You pay by the hour for a little room with a couch that reclines, a tv and dvd player, and a computer with internet service. So cool! Let me just say if you are a mom traveling with little ones its the bomb! We were able to have a little rest, some peace and quiet to ourselves and Graham was contained in a space where he couldn't run away from me and make a beeline for the people movers...which he did do, I had to break a sweat to catch him! Anyway, I highly recommend the sleep centers, they are great! The picture of Graham on the couch is in our little room there.
Now we are settling in nicely. Graham is fighting a pretty nasty cold but I think he is on the mend. Can I just say its so darn nice to be of Kodiak!!! We are wearing T-shirts on occasion. I am keeping true to my promise of eating everything in sight for the first few days. There is so much to choose from!!! And, we have already been to the mall. And, we have spent time with my uncle Wayne and cousin Lindsey. Oh yes, it is good to be off the Rock. If only Heath was here it would be perfect :)
2 comments:
Awesome! I never heard of the sleep centers before. But I don't fly much either. I wish we could get to see you! But I live out in the boonies now you know!
great pics and Iv'e got to go find somemore by the Buechner guy....way real...we luv ya..gmapeg
Post a Comment