I will be posting the pictures of Graham's Minecraft birthday soon, but until then, I thought I would share some pictures of our hike to Kloshe Nanitch. Heath and I had heard about this beautiful hike up to a 1920's lookout
and had been hoping to get a chance to go see it. This is exactly what
we were hoping to see.
But, this is what we found:
We were so sad and totally confused as to what happened to the lovely little building that used to stand there. Come to find out that vandalism had caused such a problem that they had to tear it down because there were no funds to repair it. :( It makes me so angry that a few dingbats can ruin something for everyone. It was so gorgeous up there, I can only imagine what it must have been like with the lookout perched up on an out cropping of boulders. But, we still had a lovely time. The views were breathtaking.
It was also a great place for a picnic, you just had to be prepared to jump over some rubble...
Scored that picnic basket at an estate sale, love it. Perfect size for tucking a bunch of stuff in but not being to big.
One of the best decisions of the day was to quickly print off a scavenger hunt list from the computer and staple them to brown bags. The boys LOVED it. Liam said, "This is such a fun adventure." I made on for each of us, even Heath, but he came in 4th place, poor guy ;).
Afterwards, Graham drove us down the mountain for some ice cream at Granny's. A sublime day.
He did really good! A natural :)

No comments:
Post a Comment