| Davey and Lynn |
| Lynn was watching this little cutie while his mama was working. |
| My lil' man building towers. |
| I love the driftwood forts that people build and then leave for others to enjoy. |
| He was definitely enjoying it! |
After the beach, we headed to the playground and had a little picnic. I had a horrible mommy moment while we were there. Graham wanted to go see the old WII bunker that was in the woods so I took my boys and Caleb while Lynn kept Davey and Jordan at the playground. It is a short walk from there but it is a bit creepy heading into the "deep, dark woods." Graham and Caleb were loving the fear factor but Liam, not so much. When we got to the bunker, which is pitch dark once you get inside, the big boys were being brave and were going in as far as they dared. Liam was hanging around right outside the entrance. I climbed to the top and noticed a big pipe that went right into the middle of the bunker. I bent my head into it and said in a deep, loud voice, "Who dares enter my bunker!" Big mistake. I could see Liam but he couldn't see me and he was F-R-E-A-K-E-D. He was literally so petrified he couldn't move, his face turned purple and he screamed for dear life. I scrambled down and picked him up while he sobbed and told him over and over again that it was just mommy not a scary monster. I felt like ten cents. I honestly didn't think he would be scared because he was standing right outside the entrance. But, my voice must have really carried. The only way I could get him to stop crying was to show him where I made the sound and let him "scare the big boys" too. Oh. my. At least the big boys thought it was fun.
On Saturday, which was even better weather we headed to the beach again as a family. This time we headed out to Dungeness Spit. It is one of my favorite beaches in our area.
We have also taken several bike rides this weekend looking for snakes. Graham loves snakes, well really all reptiles, we have found 8 so far.
Sunday, was church, naps, lots of out door play with the neighbor girls for my boys, and we even pulled out the kiddie pool.
We bought Graham the full version of Minecraft this weekend as well and he is in heaven.
Oh, and I read two books this weekend. I have discovered a treasure in Betty Neels books. If you have never read them, run do not walk to your library or buy one from Amazon. Cozy, heartwarming, and just what the doctor ordered. I promise, she will not disappoint!




No comments:
Post a Comment