Friday, June 14, 2013

Going to a convention and other educational thoughts.

  I am rather excited because tomorrow I am meeting up with Graham's teacher, to attend the Washington Homeschool Convention. This will be my first homeschool convention and really excited to see what they have to offer. I am especially looking forward to checking out the curriculum booths and maybe catch a guest speaker presentation. Also, I will be leaving my munchkins at home with there dad so that means I can listen to any music I want on the ride over :)
  This being the last official day of homeschool for Graham has me thinking about so many things that have occurred during our very first home educating year. I have learned so much, often through mistakes, and I know I have so much more to learn. How to teach Graham, how he learns best, when to push, when to not to push, planning vs. a more unstructured flow...oh, my, it has been like learning the steps to an intricate dance. But, something so very deep down pushes me forward even when I think I can't learn anymore and my feet just don't know the next moves.
   As I really look back over this year, I see just how much we have truly accomplished. Graham has learned SO much. I am amazed actually. It always makes me tear up, to think of what he has done and to have been able to have been apart of his learning every single day. I honestly wouldn't trade it for the world. I am looking forward to next year, not dreading it one single bit. I think that fact alone, constitutes a successful first home educating year.
  We are going to have a party tonight to celebrate. Graham is SUPER excited about it. Pizza, cupcakes, and award ceremony.
  Feeling very blessed indeed. And, very excited for summer!

1 comment:

carla said...

I have all kinds of comments...How cool to meet Graham's teacher in person. I wish I could meet you at the convention! It sure is an intricate dance. And I could repost on my blog all your feelings about homeschooling and teaching, I'm right there with you. Enjoy your celebration tonight (it's as much about you as Graham even though he'll have no idea!).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...