This is a busy summer. The calendar is filling up with lots of good things. One of them is this weekend. Our church has an annual "Family Camp" out at Lake Crescent. We are attending this year, it will be our first since we have only been going to our church for a few months. From what I understand families stay in cabins, everyone pitches in to help with dinners, we have chapel each day and church will be held out there on Sunday. The weather looks terrible so I am hoping for a miracle because I want to canoe! ;) Prayers appreciated, it could be a looong weekend with no sunshine and a bunch of littles at a lake.
Right now the sun is shining and I have pushed my kids outside because I am cleaning and rearranging. Rearranging is my life. I can't help myself. Graham calls me his crazy rearranging mama. He knows never to get comfortable with where things go because it will change in a few weeks anyway. I think I am just contributing to making my boys flexible and okay with change ;)
Graham just ran in the door and said that he and the neighbor gang just found 14 caterpillars! Jeepers!
I need to go to the grocery store later today. We are drinking powdered milk, bleck! I keep powdered milk on hand for baking and emergencies. It is NOT my favorite thing to drink. But, more than likely I will put going to the store off until tomorrow...so its powdered milk for breakfast boys!
I can not tell you the last time I talked to my mom on the phone. But, I have talked to her every day. How, you ask? Skype! We are totally addicted. Why had I not thought of this before? Sometimes we leave it on for an hour and just walk past the computer and talk to each other as if we were in the same house. It is awesome. I can show her stuff, the kids can show her the stuff they make and all their crazy antics. And, it is free. HELLO!
Last night, while Liam and I were cuddling I asked him who his best friend in the whole wide world was. He said, "You guys." Heart melt moment.
Also, last night, I noticed that the t.v. series The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew Mysteries from the 1970's was on netflix. Heath loved reading the Hardy Boys when he was a kid and I loved Nancy Drew so I thought, "Hmm, maybe Graham would like this." He loved the first episode. The problem came during episode 2. One of the Hardy boys likes this girl and they started to kiss. Thinking that this was a show for young people from the 70's I assumed it would be unobjectionable. Whoa! Joe Hardy, was one serious kisser! He put the "French" in "French Kissing." Yikes! Graham was thoroughly disgusted. I was at a complete loss to explain that level of passion to my 7 year old son. Personally, I thought it was sort of gross too. haha!
And, since I started this post the rain has moved in and it looks we are in for some major wetness. C'est la vie!
1 comment:
Hope you have fun with your new Church family! It's nice to share responsibility and have fun at the same time! Hardy Boys ~ Nancy Drew ~ I can smell the library in my elementary school as we speak! Good thing about Netflix is you can fast forward :) past the "gross" parts ;)! I'm with ya on grocery shopping. Think I would rather get hit with a rock. Hate it, so I prolong it, which makes me hate it more. Vicious cycle. Enjoy your day!
PS ~ my robot word has Lodge in it. How appropriate!
Post a Comment