Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Home Sweet Home

On the way home from taking Graham to school today the thought popped into my head, "Oh, I get to go back home! How wonderful!" The weather is gray and the thought of home just felt so cozy. I am a consummate homebody. I could be at home almost 90% of the time and be completely happy. And, yet on the flip side of my personality, I also love to travel, explore, and discover new things. Maybe that is why I love trailer camping so much. It is the best of both worlds. I get to travel and see new things all while bringing my little home with me. I am aching to go camping sometime soon. We want to do some beach camping next. Just waiting for a the right time :)

In other news: Liam has requested Santa Clause is Coming To Town for his movie of the day. Heaven help me!

Graham has jumped off the diving board in swimming...did I mention that before? Can't remember what I have posted. Sometimes I wonder if I have written the same post over and over. Again, motherhood causes you to lose brain cells. I am convinced of that!

I bit the bullet and purchased a Project Life album. After texting my scrapping buddy and finding out she had purchased one too...well, that did it! I needed th encouragement to jump in and just do it. I think my big hang up with starting project life was feeling like I wouldn't be able to be consistent with it. Which is probably really stupid reasoning because its supposed to make scrapbooking even simpler. But, I just wasn't sure if I could maintain a pace, making it routine in my life. I started thinking that maybe the best way for me to start would be to do albums for my boys. That is exactly what my scrapping bud said she was doing. She is going to do Project Life for each of her children when they turn 5. Brilliant! So, here I go. I am pretty excited. I think said scrapping buddy needs to do a post about her reasons and plans for project life...??? You know who you are ;)

Liam watching his Christmas movie and wearing his baseball cap in the house right now is melting my heart!

I have been fighting feeling utterly overwhelmed lately. Mostly due to housework. Actually, completely due to housework/children. It is just never done. Never, ever done. Meaning I spend 0% time on myself other than laying on the couch like a zombie at night reading because it is all I have energy to do. I have talked to Heath about it. I have mentioned a very strong desire to get some uninterrupted creative time for myself during the week. He is totally game. I am very excited to see if we can implement something like that consistently. I really don't feel like I need much. Just an hour or two where I can mess around with my crafty stuff without hearing, "Mommmeeeee!!!" :)

Today my agenda is to go grocery shopping while the sales are running. They end today and I have been putting off going. We have been a bit busy with school, swimming, and playing outside when the sun is out(got to make the most of those beautiful golden rays!) I put almost everything off for sunshine. You just don't know when you will see again. We can go days and days of gray weather. We have had some really pretty days though so that has been a real blessing.

Well, I think I better get going. I need to workout with my Denise Austin videos (free on youtube!). After one of those workouts I was so sore it hurt to move for 2 days. Guess that is a good thing? NO pain no gain...or loss? 'cause I really don't want to gain in this instance! hehe!

Ciao!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...