Friday, March 25, 2011

You Could Have Blown Me Over With a Feather!

Life is full of surprises that is FOR SURE. But, yesterday I was as surprised as I have been in very long time. The day began with me having a new friend come over for some time to hang out and chat. She has a beautiful little 6 week old baby boy who was absolutely adorable! Cuddly and sweet, my boys loved him, and I got to hold him and get that wonderful new baby feeling without having to worry about feeding him! Cool! Ooh, new babies are so delicious! It was really fun getting to know his lovely mama more and to have some baby time :)

Shortly, after she left, I had just finished eating the last of the boy's Mickey Mouse chicken nuggets,whenthere was a knock at the door. Generally, it is one of the neighbor kids so I went around the corner expecting to see one of them only to see a bald man in a black Delmarva tee shirt that looked vaguely familiar. It took my brain a few seconds to travel back 5 years and pull that face from my memory bank because he was quite possibly the last person on earth I would expect to see standing on my porch at approximately 2 o' clock in the afternoon on a plain old thursday in March...it was none other than Mike Wilson husband to one of my dearest friends in the whole wide world straight from Delmar, Maryland!!! YOU COULD HAVE BLOWN ME OVER WITH A FEATHER, or anything else for that matter because i was speechless(and that is saying alot)! Come to find out he was over in the Seattle area for business for a few days and drove two hours just to come see us...I can't tell you how cool that was. It was like 5 years evaporated and we were right back Salisbury, MD. Hanging out and having fun. Heath and Mike enjoyed watching basketball together last night and we all had pizza and talked over old times. I was on the phone with Jill, his wife & my sweet friend, almost the whole night giving her a play by play of what we were all doing. The only thing that was missing was her and their beautiful daughter Emily. Heath and I both miss Maryland and all our lovely, beautiful friends there sooo much. Having Mike here was like bringing a little bit of that world back into our lives again for a real, tangible moment. It was so refreshing. I am hoping they can all come out a visit this summer, the whole family. How wonderful that would be!

So, to any of you Delmarvaians out there my front porch is always open. Come on over! :))

3 comments:

Barb said...

Don't forget to "leave the light on"! ! !

carla said...

How FUN!!!!

Heidi G said...

I think of you often as I heat my tea water each morning and afternoon in the tea pot that we bought for you girls at the plaza office (the guys there don't do tea). I chuckle at the specific office supply request of raw sugar. No one gets pampered like that anymore.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...