Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Around here.

Around here, I have been happily pinning away fairy garden ideas(love your pins Barb!) on Pinterest. I am seriously obsessed with their adorableness. I have one started in my little herb garden and I have great plans for more. That is why I snagged these little gems at a garage sale the other day. Look at the teeny tiny little jars! Oh. So. Ca-ute! I really want to try making furniture and such out of stuff we find on our nature walks. I have even been having the boys save their Popsicle sticks for fairy garden doors. The possibilities are endless.

Around here, I have been reading some interesting stuff. Last night I read this article. I have never heard of the delineation of HSP(Highly Sensitive People) but as I was reading I was shaking my head, yes, yes, yes! That is me. I think I might have to read the book.

Around here, we have been doing Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University during small group at church. Our children now ask questions such as, "Does Dave Ramsey say we can buy this?" This class has actually caused us to have some financial talks with the boys and now they are wanting to do chores much more consistently to earn money. It has been a good learning experience for Heath and I and has caused us to reevaluate where our money goes and to clean up our act a bit as far as spending/saving/priorities etc. And, the fact that what we are learning is rubbing off on our boys is really awesome and has surprised me a bit.

Around here, we are gearing up for a vacation. In just a few days we will be heading to Oregon/California for an Epic Camptastic Journey! We will be camping with my dad for a few days on the Oregon Coast then head down to the California Redwoods, circling back up into Oregon to visit Crater Lake and Train Mountain(which we have been promising Graham we would visit). From there we will spend some time with my mom and sis and little niece and then head home. After that we only have a few days until we leave again to go camp with Heath's family in Central Washington. Whew! June is a very full month. But we are super excited to try out our little teardrop trailer, Rosie, for the first time.

The boys are excited to put to use their camping book that Auntie Holly sent them :)
Around here, things are changing. Today is Heath's last day as XPO of Station Neah Bay, WA. That is big stuff for us, especially Heath. He will no longer have the hideously long commute. He has been driving to work 140mi each day for 3 years! I still can't believe he has done that. He definitely took one for the team so we didn't have to move again. Now his commute will be about 10min. He could ride his bike if he wanted to! Some things about Heath's new station are still up in the air but we are trusting the Lord with all of that.

Around here, we are recouping from a nasty cold bug. I can tell you the Essential Oils have been flowing. The boys are feeling much better, Heath has had a twinge of sore throat but I had him drink some Theives EO in a cup of tea and so far it seems that he is only a bit congested so hopefully that helped him to have a more mild cold. So far, so good for me, I am rubbing Thieves on my feet and diffusing it daily so that it stays that way. I don't want that icky germ!

Well of course, there is always more going on than I am able to remember when I am typing but that is just a bit of our lives right now. Can't wait to post vacation pictures! I am ready to get outta Dodge for a while, see some new things, visit family, and of course, smell that lovely campfire!

TTFN!

1 comment:

carla said...

We could have extended our conversation by another hour if we would have started talking about Dave Ramsey. We read his book at the beginning of the year and are attempting to put some things into practice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...