I have had two epic fails in the kitchen in one week! Both involving cookies and both harkening back to the days when I was the worst cook on planet earth. Oh, back in those years I thought I was the only woman in my family, for generations, that wasn't going to be able to cook. But, through the years I have actually become, not to toot my own horn here, but I have definitely become confident in the kitchen and what is more, I enjoy all forms of cookery (but not the cleanery, of course). So, to have two fails in the same week was, well, it was quite a shock! The worst one was this pumpkin snickerdoodle recipe from Pinterest that was bleck! The dough was so hard it couldn't go down the garbage disposal because it was the texture of gravel.
Fortunately, I recovered and tried two new recipes which I loved and were super simple. One was homemade chicken nuggets and the other was pizza roll-ups.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Baked-Chicken-Nuggets/detail.aspx
and
http://inspiredreamer.com/pepperoni-roll-ups/
Easy-peasy lemon squeezy!
I love simple little dinners. Often times, I will make a scramble for dinner using leftover meats (hot dogs, ham, sausages, etc.), maybe a bit of left over baked potato, and any cheese I happen to have in the fridge. Its a great way to use leftovers and those odds and ends that collect in the fridge over the week.
Here is a list of our favorite little dinners:
Scrambles w/toast
Toasted bagels with cream cheese, turkey, and Havarti cheese broiled in the toaster.
Baked potatoes
Noodles with butter and Parmesan cheese (I now buy the boxes of pasta with hidden veggies because at least it seems more nutritional.) And, sometimes a little pesto and sun dried tomatoes thrown in for me :)
Soups, mostly chicken noodle. It is surprising how easy it is to throw together a good soup.
Tuna crescent rolls. ( This is one my mom used to make a lot.)
Hmm, that is all I can think of right now. Sometimes I put assorted crackers, sliced cheese, cut up fruits and veggies, rolled up lunch meat filled with cream cheese, and some hummus or dip out on the coffee table and that is what we have for dinner. And, then there are nights when we have cereal or pb and j for dinner. It's all good.
I just love talkin' food.
No comments:
Post a Comment