So, I was sitting on the couch a week ago with a brand new notebook, thanks to a lovely friend, on my lap and many thoughts in my head. Liam was sleeping and Graham was playing outside with the neighbor boys so for a minute all was quiet. I looked down at my notebook and thought how much I love "fresh" new paper, pages that are begging to be written on just float my boat. And, then I thought how the fresh pages are coming at the beginning of a fresh new year and then I thought, "Fresh! That should totally be my word for 2012!" But, I wanted a little more "meat" to it. A little more in depth than just that one word. So I tried an acrostic of my word and *love* it! So, here it is, my word of the year acrostic:
Fun- living a life of fullness and joy.
Relational-Building bridges, investing in others (family, friends, neighbors, relatives, etc.).
Educational- learn new things, acquire new skills.
Slow- always striving not to be hurried.
Holy- Glorifying God in what I say, do, and think.
When I read this to Heath he liked it so much he asked me to make him a copy. So, I think it will be our family word for 2012 as well.
Hope your year is starting out wonderful! Ours started with Heath losing his wallet...but, that is another story!
2 comments:
Christie, I love that! I love F.R.E.S.H. I think you nailed it by golly! I'm a notebook nut too, and if I'm not careful, well let's just say it wouldn't be pretty! lol
Makes me want to get down to business. Thank you for sharing!
Happy New Year's little lady ;).
Love ya.
Do you mind if I steal this... really, I love it.... I am going to share this on my blog, if you don't mind. I, ofcourse will reference you in it. And I am going to write some of those posts you have been encourging me to, now that my computer works again.
Post a Comment