Thursday, June 9, 2011

An Evening Walk Conversation

It is getting to be the time of year where we take walks as a family after dinner. Graham usually rides his bike, sometimes Heath and I take turns pushing Liam's stroller and riding one of our bikes as well. As usual at the end of the walk Graham said he couldn't go on, he was too tired. Of course, when we get back to the neighborhood and he sees his friends playing he somehow magically finds energy again and can run around for hours, hmmm. Anyway, Graham was saying he couldn't go on and Heath said, "Son, you just have to fight through it." To which Graham replied(completely serious), "Fight through it? How can I do that? I don't even have a sword?" It takes everything in my power not to pull him off his bike and smother him in kisses and hugs. He is so darn cute!

Also, we went to the Library yesterday and literally checked out so many books we could hardly carry them. Want to know the subjects? Bet you can guess. Yep, Trains, Sharks, Monster Trucks, Earth Movers and a couple story books that I picked out for the boys, Berenstain Bears and some folk tales. Also picked up a book my sis recommended on the Lewis and Clark expedition for Heath. He is already really enjoying it. I checked out almost 10 cookbooks the other day and am really enjoying them. We love the library!

Oh, and I need to make note that Graham has enjoyed his dinner two nights in a row. The first night I made pasta with chicken, broccoli, red peppers and carrots. I used Philadelphia Cream Cheese's new cooking cream. I really like that stuff. Graham said it was yummy, YES! And, last night was philly cheese steak sandwiches with onions. He liked it! SCORE! That makes my day :)

I just realized as I am reaching the last of my tea that there is a Connect Four piece in my tea cup...wonder how that got there???

TTFN

3 comments:

Barb said...

You made me laugh out loud! Need to get that boy a sword to carry with him on his bike rides! And. . . who needs sugar when you have a connect four piece?? HM?

Have to try the Philly cream cheeses ;)

Love ya!

carla said...

Please keep blogging. You make me feel so normal. More books than I can carry, difficult to satisfy eaters, mysterious toys...sounds like my house.

Janet Olson said...

this is too cute, especially the connect four part, almost had a leggo in my coffee the other day, aren't children so much fun... And YEA for the picky eater eating good for you food, I just wish mine was a child and easy to change... husbands are not so easy to pacify, and I am tired of potatoes as the only veggie he will eat, oh wait, make that potatoes and corn.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...