God is cleaning my house. And, by that, I mean He is cleaning up me. My inside. The part of me no one sees except Him. This seems to be a pattern for me at Christmastime. Christmas is deeply meaningful for me. It has always been a time of spiritual renewal and this year is no different. I can feel God leading me to a place of deep cleansing and restoration. He is removing a years worth of soul plaque, the kind of stuff the dental hygenist has to really put some elbow grease into to clean my teeth, only this kind is on my heart. Nasty build up such as, bitterness, criticism, anger, hurt, insecurity, regret, fear, anxiety, apprehensions, selfishness, pride, and the like. (Whew, that is heavy stuff even to write!) No wonder I get tired easily, huffing and puffing carrying around a load like that! Why my soul(flesh) clings to such negativity, when it is really such a destructive load is a mystery of humanity. We all do it. All of us, "Sons of Adam" and "Daughters of Eve" to quote Narnia :) But, my spirit, the part of me that will live forever is always longing for a better way. A way that is True. So, at Christmastime, when we celebrate the Holy and Heavenly coming to earth, mingling with our dust and despair, bringing hope to humanity, and reminding us that we are meant for eternity, my heart responds a little more quickly to the promptings of the Holy Spirit to "Let go and Let God." He wants to replace the negative things I hold on to, with both of my fists clenched tight, with tidings of comfort and joy. Oh, bring on the COMFORT and JOY!
So, I sit here this morning with my cup of tea, my little book of Christmas meditations(the munchkins are still blessedly asleep), and I pray. Releasing, as best I can, my heartaches and hangups from the past year. Allowing His Spirit to cleanse and purge the old stuff, the spirit of heaviness, and replace it with the new, a garment of praise! Celebrating my emancipation from sin and slavery by the birth of a baby. My Savior, Christ Jesus. Emmanuel. God with us!
What glad tidings indeed!
"God rest ye merry gentlemen, let nothing you dismay,
remember Christ our Savior was born on Christmas Day.
To save us all from satan's power,
When we had gone astray.
Oh, tidings of comfort and joy,
comfort and joy,
Oh, tidings of COMFORT AND JOY!
Happy December 1st!
2 comments:
Christie,
I really needed this! Thank you so much. What a great analagy you used to bring home a most needed point! And.. . . you are not alone my dear friend when it comes to having all that nasty build up. Not alone at all.
I love you!
Barb
Sorry . . . spelled "analogy" wrong! tee-hee
Post a Comment