Monday, February 8, 2010

My Word of the Year

Photobucket

I wasn't sure if I was going to do a "word of the year" this year. I was having a hard time nailing one down, then I figured I was too far into the new year, and the time factor is always an issue for me so I just about decided to give it up this year. Then the earthquake in Haiti hit. I was very moved by that whole situation. I wanted to help. I wanted to get in a plane and hold the little babies whose parents were gone. It was just so sad. So when I came across the Haiti by Hand etsy shop and saw this sign I knew I had found my word. The word means "hope" in Haitian Creole. 100% of the proceeds of Haiti by Hand goes to Haitians. My hope for myself is that this sign, that I have hangning in my crafting nook, reminds me to pray for hope for Haiti, hope for myself and my family, hope for the world. I believe true hope comes from Jesus and his love for mankind, the hope of glory. I love my word.

3 comments:

carla said...

Never too late! I've had a word rolling around in my head, but haven't put it into words yet. Glad you had a good trip home!

Peggy said...

I love your "word" too...and your rail-riding boys....how fun !

Anonymous said...

Oh Christie, what a treasure you are - I am sitting here crying at how blessed you made me feel that we have the hope of Jesus and we can still pray freely for hope as well. Thank you for my blessing of hope today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...