Friday, February 26, 2010

I shall expound.

Couple requests for info on the "kissing incident" and what books I am reading.

Sooo, the kissing. Yes, first let me say, Barb, I can promise you it meant nothing. Just a little fling that is now completely over. Graham is sorry and would like to renew his offer of marriage to your sweet Princess Tomboy. He realizes he was swept away by the folly of youth and hopes she will over look this little affaire de coeur ;-)

But, the way it all went down is that Graham and the neighbor girl were sitting at the computer watching Monsters Inc. I was also in the living room at the other end feeding Liam. All the sudden I heard, "Lets kiss!" accompanied by much giggling. Then I looked over to see Graham and that little vixen kissing smack on the lips...I called them over to me not knowing what in the heck I was going to say because I didn't want to make them feel bad. Occasions like this call for great finesse, and I wasn't feeling all that finesse-y. So, I just said, "Uh guys, kissing is a very nice thing to do...but, don't do it anymore." They both chimed in unison, "Okay," and ran off giggling. Whats a mother to do? Later I asked Graham who suggested it because I couldn't quite tell who said and he said that he did! I wasn't the little vixen at all! And, I always thought it was the woman that led the man astray(*wink*). Any way I asked him why he wanted to kiss and he said he didn't know. And then I said, "Was it because she is a cute little girl?" And he said, "Yeah." I am hoping this is not foreshadowing of future teenage conversations to come because I need alot more response than "yeah."

Now on to books! I am reading Home to Holly Springs by Jan Karon. She is one of my all time favorite authors. Her Mitford series kept me company way back when I was nursing Graham and wondering what in the world had happened to my life. Those books transported me to a wonderful place. This one is a little heavier but in a good way. Highly reccommend all her books. Also, I am reading some books by Laura Schlessinger. I like her no nonsense way of putting things. Right now I am reading Stupid Things People Do To Mess Up Their Kids. I think in most cases she is right on.

Well, my lads are back with doughnuts. I am actually turning into a doughnut. But, I will deal with that this spring. TTFN!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Whew! Glad that was cleared up! ! !You just don't know how hard it is to find good stock these days - and well - I was a little flustered :) All's well, though - I didn't tell my little TBP - didn't want to alarm her :) *wink* lol! ! !
Love you! ! !

Kim said...

That is such a cute story. I really enjoyed Laura Schlessingers books, especially "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands". I thought it was going to be a cookbook when my step-mom got it for me. Take care!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...