Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring Blizzard
















And, I thought that nothing could beat a winter blizzard...let me tell you, Spring blizzards put winter to shame! We just got dumped with more snow than I have ever seen in my life, except in Valdez, AK, but, that was accumulated over an entire winter this hit in one night!




I literally could not get out my door the snow was so high there was no way I could do it. Fortunately my neighbors heard me banging on my screen door and came to the rescue. It took 4 people and two snowblowers to get us and the Tahoe dug out! My neighbor said, our house was hit the worst. It seems that it really depends on how your house is situated and what direction the wind is blowing. Ours sat in just the right spot for some extremely huge drifts. But, they dug us out, bless them, and we all hung around outside talking while the kids played. All in all, this blizzard has actually been kind of fun. Last night when it really started howling we lost power for a couple of hours and Graham and I snuggled in with candles, popcorn, and the portable dvd player. Graham said it was cozy! The only thing that would make it better is if Heath was home, of course.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...