This is a picture of my current obsession du jour. Essential oils! So, how did this all start, you might ask? Well, as I have been making my own cleaning products and toiletries I have been noticing that many recipes call for a drop or two of certain essential oils. These oils make a lovely fragrance and boost the cleaning power of homemade cleaners, so the experts say. I thought, "Oooh, how lovely!" My cleaners and toiletries don't really have a smell and I miss that. So, I ordered my first little pack of oils(pictured above). I have also started a pinterest page on Essential oils because as I have been researching their uses I have become utterly fascinated by them. I have read A LOT!
My main purpose in adding these little gems to our family routine is really aromatherapy. But, many people have found all sorts of health benefits and even healing from certain ailments by incorporating them into their lives. I have to say, I do believe that can happen. Graham had a tummy upset yesterday, which he is prone to, I put a few drops of peppermint oil on a cloth and had him inhale the essence. His tummy felt much better. I don't know that these are miracle oils but if they help even in small ways, plus making things smell yummy, I say win, win!
Currently, I have peppermint oil(the one I seem to use the most) simmering in a big pot of water on my stove. Essential oils are wonderful all natural air purifiers which is so helpful in the winter. Eventually I would like to get a diffuser because I think that would be even more efficient in getting the oils into our home.
I have also given my boys foot massages with oils and they LOVE it. It is becoming a bit of a bedtime ritual. And, my deodorant smells fabulous now with a little tea tree oil, which I
have also added to my cleaners as it has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal,
and mold fighting properties.
Anyhoo, I am excited to learn more about these amazing oils. It is fun to think about ways to use them.
And, I must share that yesterday we had a break in the weather that was so lovely we ate our lunch outside! Then the clouds rolled in and you never ever would have believed that it had been so lovely. It poured all night long. That is March for you :)
No comments:
Post a Comment