Saturday, December 14, 2013

2nd Week of December

Wow! The second week of December is nearly over. I told Heath the other night that this Christmas season is going by way to fast. I want to relish every minute. If it would just slow down a bit I think I could :) So, here is a run down of our doings.

  Heath had to stay the night at the station on Monday so I took the boys to see Frozen. I read the review from pluggedinonline.com before we went. They had glowing things to say about it so I was excited to go see it. I think Graham summarized it well after we left the theater. He said, "You know mom, if I had a sister, I think she really would have liked it." I agree. It was pretty girlie. That being said, it was a sweet story and the snowman was adorable. If you are a bit sketchy with magic(which almost all Disney fairy tales have some element of it in their movies) this might not be one you want to see because there is a quite a bit. Think Tangled only colder and you've just about got this movie.
  While we were at the theater I had two heart warming experiences. The first was more like a belly-warming experience. We, of course, ordered popcorn. I asked the gal not to put butter on it because I really didn't want to deal with 3 pairs(mine included) of greasy fingers in the dark. But, I watched her as she squirted it on anyway, I think she just forgot, and the boys were already heading toward the movie so I just grabbed it and stuffed a ton of napkins in my bag. Can I just say...movie popcorn with butter where have you been all my life?!?! I was practically shoving the boys hands out of the way to get the next fistful stuffed into my mouth. It was so good! I made myself sick. And, the puddle of popcorn at our feet was embarrassing or it would have been had anyone known it was ours. Thank goodness for dimly lit theaters.
  The second heart warmer was my Grammie boy coming to my aid. Liam fell asleep during the movie while sitting on my lap. Actually, I thought he was going to throw up at one point because he said he was sick to his stomach(popcorn!). I was like, "Noooo! Not here!" Fortunately, he fell asleep instead. So, as we were preparing to leave Graham grabbed my bag and our two drinks and said, "Don't worry, I've got this mom." I did not ask him. He just did it. I told him how much I appreciated his thoughtfulness and he said, "I thought to myself, how is mom gonna get all this stuff?" You are welcome future daughter-in-law. He is awesome.


  We did a bit of shopping this week for daddy. I loaded the boys up(Santa hats on, of course) and we headed downtown. We got lots done. And, we stopped off at Dairy Queen for hot dogs. We each had two! We were hungry little elves. Then we had to head home because I have really messed up my foot somehow and I was needing a break.

  As far as presents go we have already opened gifts from Heath's folks because we have no self control. And, Graham was just about dying for Heath to open one of his presents so he did. A remote control plane that lands on water. They can't wait to try it out.  And, the boys saw one of their gifts. Heath and I were so bummed because it was going to be one of the more special presents but we decided not to let it get us down and just have fun with it so the boys are happily playing with their Disney infinity xbox starter pack. C'est la vie!
  Oh yes, and the minute I walked in the door from choir practice Liam told me quite cheerfully that they had wrapped presents for me while I was gone and that I am getting a basket for my bike ;) Secrets are darn near impossible.

  Last night we watched The Nativity Story as a family. I love that movie. I had to beg the hubs to watch it because he thought is was going to be corny and he does not like corny Biblical movies. If they are well done he loves them. The only way I got him to watch was to remind him that he forced me to watch The Wrath of Khan which is the very definition of corny and he loves it! That did the trick. He really liked The Nativity Story and thought it was very well done.

  Oh, yes, and thanks to peer pressure we got our Christmas lights up and I made Andes Creme de Menthe cookies. Man, they were good!

  And, to wrap up this week Heath and I are celebrating our anniversary by going out to dinner! Woot! Woot!

 Not a bad week. I am sure I forgot stuff. But, that is pretty good for now.

1 comment:

Barb said...

I shall tell Helena that her future love is a Gentleman and a Scholar! *wink* They are growing up fast Mama Smith! Enjoy what you can and let go of the ugly stuff ~ 'cuase it's just "stuff".

Love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...