I am not ready for Christmas to be over. Seems like the season flew by and here we are knocking on the door of the very day itself. My boys can't wait of course. They are thinking about ripping that paper off the presents under our tree in record breaking time. But, I am thinking I could take a few more days of savoring, of anticipation. I know, I am getting old, but I kind of like it. Years added makes us appreciate things doesn't it?
Well, I have a banana sour cream cake in the oven, molasses cookie dough chillin' in the fridge, and a house that is pretty close to sparkling clean, close enough anyways since it will be just the four of us this year. I have been listening to folk holidays station on Pandora like nothin' else. OH, HOW I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!! Love it all, the wrapping, the crafting, the decorating, the baking, the giving, the sharing, the meaning, all of it.
Well, I just wanted to drop by and send a little holiday greeting to one and all. I hope everyone is having a marvelous Christmas season!!!
Happy,
happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childhood
days, recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth, and transport
the traveler back to his own fireside and quiet home!
Charles Dickens

No comments:
Post a Comment