Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A praise, A birthday, and A little more stuff.

Praise:

 This past week was a busy one, especially for Heath, since it was a change of command at his station(he got a new boss). We were out in Neah Bay with him for the 4th of July and then the next day was the change of command ceremony. But, before that all happened I got to meet Heath's new Commanding Officer, her new house is right next door to where we park our camper. Do you know what happened? She and I started talking and talking and talking. She sat across from me at my little camper table and we discovered that we both love the Lord Jesus! She is a Christian! I can't tell you how awesome that is. To know that Heath's new boss is a genuine, Jesus follower...words can't express how cool that is. She also has two little children a boy and a girl(6 and 9) who Graham plays with when we are out there. And, her husband is a retired Coast Guard Master Chief. I am still reeling from God's goodness. We were praying so hard for the new CO. And, here she is and she is just lovely. :)

 Also, things are gearing up for Graham's 7th birthday. 7th birthday! Did I really just write that? Could it possibly be that my first baby is turning 7 years old? I am feeling this one I can tell you. I feel like he is growing soooo fast. And, it hurts a little. But, it is so exciting too, watching him grow into a man daily before my eyes. What an incredible ride with this little dude. What an incredible blessing to be his mama.

 We are headed to the library today for one of the summer programs. Haven't been in a while and G is really excited. Also, I have started running, er, well fast walking, with a sprint thrown in here and there. My goal is to have dirty, worn our sneakers by the end of the summer. Remember when I wrote about embracing my curves? Yeah, well, I embraced them so thoroughly that they embraced me back and left their mark in the way of "love handles" and a bit of an extra chin...so the love affair must stop! This pudge is getting on my nerves. I don't like bending over and feeling my stomach fat pinching...this must stop! So, operation dirty sneakers in full effect. We shall see how it works :)

 Well, I better get ready to head for the library. Still wearing hoodies in my neck of the woods...can you believe that! But, I am not complaining. Really, I am not. As much as I would like warmer weather to put out the kiddie pool, these record breaking days the rest of the country is having doesn't really sound that great. I guess, I will take the 50 and 60 degree days and be thankful. At least its been sunny!

 Hugs from me to all who read this bloggy o' mine <3

1 comment:

Barb said...

I can't believe it's been that long since we sang and talked to that little guy while you were still carrying him! Patting your tummy like he was ours ;)! He is certainly growing into a very handsome young fella!

Love and hugs to you my sweet friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...