Today, I am embarking on a rather dubious, could be perilous, has the potential of being riotous, adventure. I am going solo to Bremerton(1 1/2hrs from here) to shop for groceries at the Navy Commissary, just me and my Chicos. Pray for me friends. The last time I attempted this feat I swore I would never do it again. But, my boys are older, our car, much more enjoyable, and the groceries are cheaper, which is why I want to go. Seems like the grocery stores just keep getting more expensive. Its been awhile since I have been to the Commissary and I am curious to see what the prices are like there. This time though, I have a different plan. Instead of thinking that I am going to buy everything in this one trip, I am planning on stocking up on items with longer shelf lives, that we eat a lot of like peanut butter and jam, jar sauces, pasta, etc. I am going to pack my cold/hot bag just in case I purchase dairy as well. We shall see.
I almost thought we should stop at Target too while we are in the area but then I slapped myself upside the head and thought, "Are you kidding!? Stay focused Christie, stay focused. Your children will barely make the ride and the boring grocery shopping. Don't push your luck!" So, after my healthy self talk I feel focused and semi-prepared. ;)
Speaking of my children, here they are doing the dishes. Graham has been REALLY into helping around the house lately and he is truly good at it. His motivation is money. That boy has a real entrepreneurial streak. He wants to make as much as can to buy as many Lego toys as he can. If you want a stellar vacuum guy just give us a call! And, squeaky clean dishes? He can do it all! He even comes with a free assistant who helps to make the messes that he cleans up ;)
Those faces! Those wonderful faces! Even when I feel like pulling out my hair and wearing sackcloth and ashes due to their antics, I know how very blessed I am! I love my amazing boys so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment