Guten Morgen!
Getting up early, before my
ruffians sweet children arise, has been ever so priceless lately. This morning I sat in front of the fire, read my devotionals, and dried my hair (because I snuck in a shower too!). The other reason I sat in front of the fire is because the heating element just went out in our furnace...why do those things
always happen when Heath is gone? I mean really! But, thank goodness for alternate heating. Otherwise we would be freezing our tooshies off!
I have also had two little folks in bed with me for the past two nights. Yes, that is right. Three people in a queen bed. I am actually getting really good at sleeping in 6 inches of bed space. The boys just don't sleep as well when Heath is gone, and for that matter neither do I, I think we find comfort in each other :) And, honestly, I love hearing their wiffling little snores during the night :)
 |
| Exhibit A |
So, Liam stuck a tiny little toy up his nose the other night. He constantly has his fingers up his nose, as noted in exhibit A. But, this time it looked a little different and I knew instinctively that he had stuck something up there. Of course, I am thinking, all right here we go a trip to the ER with two little kids, at night, screaming and wailing will ensue...all those "motherly thoughts" you know. Anyway, I looked up there and it was waaay up high. He was very proud of himself until he saw the look on my face and started to doubt his decision making skills. I told him to blow his nose really hard. He did. That thing shot out like a bullet. Thank Heavens, no trip to the ER! He now knows(fingers crossed) that mommy isn't happy when toys are stuck up his nose.
Also, Liam is completely self potty training. With absolutely now prompting from us he tells us when he has to go poo poo. He is very proud of that accomplishment too. I love to watch him sitting on the toilet, flicking his little toes, waiting for the poo poo to plop. Sorry is that TMI? It's just so cute! When you are a mom you loose your squemishness quick.
He is still in trainers though because he hasn't quite realized that pee pee needs to go in the potty all the time. We will get there :)
Well, I have much more to say but I have to drag Graham out of bed and get him to school. May your day be filled with Joy and Grace!
Hugs from Me!
2 comments:
Mama said there'd be days like this. Mama said!
Just so you don't feel alone in this ~ my brother stuffed string beans in his nose once! He was around that age. I'm thinkin' its a "boy thing" ;) (He was a nose picker too! tee-hee) I should blog about that ~ hmmm...
can i say jealous... My boy doesn't seem to care if he is wet/dry/poopy, yikes. Ronin stuck four peas in his nose... the last one had to be gotten out by the doctor... no er thankfully.
Post a Comment