Friday, September 9, 2011

Oh goodness...

It is really late. for me. I feel like writing a bit though. I feel like celebrating too because we did it! We finished our first week of kindergarten! Of course, it wasn't a full  week with Monday being a holiday and Thursday Graham stayed home with a sore throat that has turned into a full on cold. Bleck. But, still we did it!

On Wednesday Graham said that he didn't want to go back to school. He wasn't complaining. He said it in a very matter-of-fact way. It was as if it had been a nice experiment and he might give it a go another day but he wasn't interested in attending school...Sorry, my little Amigo, but this is how it's gonna be for a bit! Actually, I am wishing that school was like, maybe, three days a week. Its HARD to get to school on time everyday. For anyone who knows me well, being on time isn't exactly one of my strong points. I find myself thinking, "But, I don't want to go to school!" Oh my, life is such a funny thing. But, other than that it is going pretty good. Graham's teacher brought her Scottie dog into class today and Graham LOVED that. He now wants a Scottie dog. A black one, just like his teacher's :) And, riding the bus is still a big winner.

We are just working hard at getting him to bed at a decent time so that he is not a real stinker when he wakes up in the morning. My goal is not to be in a rush in the mornings. I like for Graham to have a good breakfast and to go potty here in the morning before school so that he doesn't have to worry about it while he is there(wiping is still an issue sometimes). The first day of kindergarten our morning was perfect. Liam slept in so Graham and I had time to ourselves to talk about the day. Graham had his bagel and cream cheese and I had a nice cup of tea. We got dressed, we had Graham's outfit laid out the night before but he decided to change it up at the last minute. He wanted his new army shirt because it has a "real" badge on it. Then Liam got up we loaded up the car and headed to school. Today we slept in a little bit but we still were at school on time. What I really like is meeting Graham at the bus stop. I load Liam into his stroller and walk to the stop. We always make sure Graham is met off the bus with  a snack which seems to be a big hit. And, it is Liam's job to give it to him, which he takes very seriously. While we walk home Graham tells me about his day. It is very special to me.

I guess this post was really me wanting to share some of the experiences of our first few days in this new realm of school going. A lot of things I am still cherishing in my heart, they are the little things, the little looks, the impressions, the emotions of having a little boy who is growing up and expanding right before my very eyes. Its hard and its new. Its good and its learning. Its big stuff and little things all tied up together. I am very proud of my little man. He has come so far from the little tiny thing that would NOT  leave my side. I used to long for the days when he would discover a sense of independence...now, I am not wanting it to come quite so fast. But, it is good. And, I am very thankful for where we are right now. :)




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...