Sunday, December 13, 2009

This Christmas

For me every Christmas seems to have its own flavor. Some come fast, others slow, some are merry and bright, others not so much, they are all different and I love them even the tougher ones because they are all a part of life and life is full of flavors and seasons and change. This Christmas, for me, is all about thankfulness. Thankful for our new baby, new house, closeness to family, friends old and new, and so much more. I am not able to do as much as I would like to this year due to a simply adorable little bundle of love that likes to be held alot (but, I have to admit I am happy to oblige!). I am forgoing mailing Christmas cards(next year, I hope), trying to make some handmade stuff, and hitting the malls. Its more of a go-with-the-flow type year and I am A-OK with that. This year I am enjoying all kinds of Christmas-y goodness such as music, reflection, movies, popcorn rituals, way to many chocolate chip cookies, and shopping online.

I think the best thing about this Christmas so far has been watching Graham enjoy the season. 4 is even a better age than 3 as far as "getting" the whole Christmas experience. He was laying on the floor the other night, with all the lights turned off except all the Christmas lights and he said how much he loved our tree and decorations and how cozy it was. He even said, "Mommy, you make everything look nice." I think that is one of the best things I have ever heard because that is exactly what I hoped he would think. I want for him to look back on his childhood just like I do. With memories of Christmas beauty, twinkle, coziness, and magic.

Yep, I love this time of year.

2 comments:

Barb said...

I agree with you totally. It seems there are never two Christmases the same. No matter how hard you may try to capture a specific "flavor", it's to no avail. So letting the "Christmas chips" fall where they may is the best way to go! Give hugs to the boys - and enjoy your new Christmas flavor this year!
Love ya!

Janell said...

I love reading your blog!! You are such a great writer .... but more importantly, you are such a WONDERFUL mother!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...