Monday, November 9, 2009

DONT MESS WITH US! (and beware of the Marchers)

We have a real deer problem here. As in, the deer feel quite sure that Heath cleared out the sand pit that was our backyard to provide them with a lovely meadow full of fresh green grass for their eating pleasure. Yes, so that is obviously a costly mistake on the deer's part because Heath headed to the local sporting good store and bought a fairly serious sling shot for us to "shoot" the buggers with. Now, I promise we only try to scare them. They are not hurt. As a matter of fact we have about the most arrogant deer I have ever seen. They just look at us after receiving a shot in the "bottomin"(that what Graham calls it) and saunter off as if to say, "We are leaving because we want to." Frustrating in the extreme. The other evening when the herd hit our yard, Heath went out to do sniper duty and Graham ran out with him yelling, "DONT MESS WITH US!" And, today when they were in the yard again he ran out there (all this at the top of his lungs of course) and said, "Get off our grass dumb deer! Go eat somebody elses yard! I play on this grass!" I have a feeling we keep our neighbors entertained. But, we must fight on in our battle against Bambi and his minions.

And,

The other day Graham was quite frightened and came running into the kitchen saying that their were "Marchers" outside. Heath and looked at eachother like what in the heck is he talking about? It took a long time for me to realize that he had watched Lilo and Stitch that morning and he was talking about "Martians." Suffice it to say Lilo and Stitch is off the Netflix queue.

2 comments:

Barb said...

I was in need of a good laugh!! Not that I'm laughing at you - nope - had my "pride of cats" to contend with this summer, so I know your pain! Seems like plastic pelets and sling shots only amuse the wildlife. Makes you wonder what they go back and tell their friends - "Oh go to Christie's (or Barb's) yard. They don't pack the heavy artillary! And....so the saga goes. Hang in there and beware - seems they've invited the "Marchers" to join them - LOL ! !

Heidi G said...

I heard that if you put bars of Irish Spring soap hanging around the yard that the deer don't like it and won't come. Never tried it but thought I'd pass along the hint. I'm sure there are other remedies as harmless as a slingshot available on the internet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...